Rita MacNeil MELODY has Power a whole world to TRANSFORM

But you should be wise regarding the ripening of an age; you should be alert to discern the signs of the times. You know when the fig tree shows its tender branches and puts forth its leaves that summer is near. Likewise, when the world has passed through the long winter of material-mindedness and you discern the coming of the spiritual springtime of a new dispensation, should you know that the summertime of a new visitation draws near.
Paul Kemp
Site Admin
Are you a student of the Urantia Book?:Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll:35
Rita MacNeil MELODY has Power a whole world to TRANSFORM

Unread post by Paul Kemp » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:01 am

Rita MacNeil Finally Won Her Wings & Flew Straight to Heaven - A Tribute
Rita MacNeil Flying On Your Own

http://www.youtube.com/v/EFlwCDqr_28?re ... eborder="0"
MELODY has Power a whole world to TRANSFORM
Image"One such human being could forever change the course of a whole nation, even the entire civilized world. It is literally true, "melody has power a whole world to transform." Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits. Harmony is the speech of Havona."

Rita MacNeil- A Tribute to a Legacy
http://www.youtube.com/v/toknq7zj0TE?re ... eborder="0"

Image48:7.23 21. The high mission of any art is, by its illusions, to foreshadow a higher universe reality, to crystallize the emotions of time into the thought of eternity.[/color]

Savoy Men of the Deeps 7 Rita MacNeil 4
http://www.youtube.com/v/TJHuPo8VFpw?re ... eborder="0"

Rita MacNeil Working Man
http://www.youtube.com/v/LesfYqwqvYo?re ... eborder="0"

Paul Kemp
Site Admin
Are you a student of the Urantia Book?:Yes, I am a reader of the Uranta Book.
Urantia Book Study Poll:35

Re: Rita MacNeil Finally Won Her Wings & Flew Straight to He

Unread post by Paul Kemp » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:42 am

OBITUARY -- RITA MACNEIL
DAILY NEWS Apr 17, 2013 8:24 AM
2013-04-17

Cape Breton’s first lady of song, Rita MacNeil, died last evening (April 16th) from complications following surgery. She was 68.

A gentle soul with a heart of gold and the voice of an angel, Rita’s music spoke of her love of home and family, the courage to rise above life’s challenges and the hardworking men and women that tie this country together. “Working Man”, “Flying on Your Own”, Reason to Believe”, “I’ll Accept The Rose Tonight” and “Home I’ll Be”, are just a few of the songs that endeared Rita to fans in Canada, the U.K and Australia.

Born in Big Pond, Cape Breton on May 28th, 1944 to Neil and Catherine (Rene) MacNeil, Rita was one of eight children. It wasn’t an easy life, as depicted in her autobiography “On A Personal Note”, but with determination and a passion for writing songs and singing, Rita pushed beyond a profound shyness and found her way to a stage at Expo 86 in Vancouver. It was here that the world discovered Rita MacNeil.

In 1987 she won her first Juno Award for Most Promising Female Vocalist. She was 42. “Flying on Your Own” followed in 1987 and in 1989, her Juno performance with Cape Breton’s Men of the Deeps of “Working Man”, brought the house down.

Over the course of her career, Rita recorded more than 24 albums which sold in the millions. She won 3 Juno’s, as well as numerous East Coast Music Awards, Country Music Awards, and a Gemini for her CBC variety show 'Rita & Friends' that ran from 1994 to 1997. She was a Member of the Order of Canada, was awarded the Order of Nova Scotia and is the recipient of five honorary doctorates. In 1986 she opened up Rita’s Tea Room in her hometown of Big Pond, which in the past few years enjoyed frequent visits from Rita herself.

Rita’s quick wit and sly sense of humour was a hallmark of her live shows and was in evidence when she was featured in an episode of the Trailer Park Boys.

A mother to Laura (Dana) and Wade (Lori), a grandmother, a dear friend, and a sister, Rita was a Canadian icon – a woman who had a dream that became a reality - who brought joy and inspiration to so many.

“Music is timeless and ageless,” noted the legendary singer, “the passion I feel for what I do can’t be put aside with a number and a year. It is a big part of my life – the concerts, the touring, the letters and the joy the audience gives back to me when the music touches a chord with them.” Rita MacNeil

Last bumped by Paul Kemp on Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:42 am.

Return to “Because we share Life”